Wednesday, February 06, 2002

So. Prayer. I was always a full believer of prayer. God always was faithful in all circumstances...answering my prayer. And, I, see them answered, but fail to recognize God was all up in the situation...I wasn't. So, this book I've finished in less than 24 hours, opened my eyes to who God is. He's the provider. This man...he totally depended on God. When he was broke, he asked God for money, God answered. When he had gone into missionary with a broken leg, he asked God to show him what was hindering him from full time ministry, God healed him. When he had no mo toothpaste and a dull razor, he asked God to give him money to buy sanitary condiments, God allowed him to get those things he needed for hygiene. He asked, God granted.

Why would it be different for me? Of course, it's not! I'm actually considering if I was meant to be a missionary. Because all the while I was reading the book, I yearned for the similar ongoings in the author's life to be in mine. I'd read how he went into Communist areas, where any trace of religion can due to jail time or exile, how he prayed he wouldn't be caught by the government officers with a few hundred Bibles in his car while they were checking, and these Bibles were pretty noticeable, you can imagine, and God...*smiles*...oh and as gracious as He is, grants his request. Dude, this man lived a life of faith. I often wonder, if I lived like that, dude, I'd be totally dependent upon God, and leaned not on my own understanding.

The conclusion I've come to is to fully depend my whole life. The entirety of my life. Every portion of my life. to three things. 1. praying, 2. praying, 3. praying. Praying can be incorporated into my singing to God. Praying can be incorporated into my reading the Word. Praying can be incorporated through every aspect. It just depends...on what one thinks of prayer. I hold it in high regard now. Because I know when I pray, the Holy Ghost is there praying along with me. Dude, that's an awesome feeling. To know that God is right there with you.

I want praying to become so common that I'd pray out loud in the public. But I want praying to be so important that I'd do it every second of every hour of every day. Of course, no legalism. Just love and grace and peace and obedience.

No comments: