Wednesday, January 30, 2002

So I just read my older brother's recently updated blog. Dear oh dear. I had heard news that he has met this wonderful girl, but man. My brother has fallen in love. At first, honestly, I was merely skeptical about it. But now man, I'm just happy for him. I wish him the best, praying for that seed of love to blosson as much as possible, and dude, there probably is no mistake that God wanted them to be togther if it makes my dear brother this happy. I have no doubt whatever happens 5 years, 1 year, or even 5 months from now, God has a plan for the relationship He has established.

There was a period of my life...well there were lots of periods of my life, where I was in desperate need an intimate relationship with a guy or "boyfriend" (I don't know...I don't like the term boyfriend for some reason. It seems a bit...inapplicable to what it's suppose to mean, isn't it? I mean, is he a boy? yes. is he a friend? not quite. He's beyond that. Anyway). However, God has been showing me, and only specifically to me, that I'm still unusually young and I need to mature in Christ, the foremost lover of my life. Yet, I still wonder if the abstract meaning of love among humans versus God's love to mankind has detered my thinking. Which was probably the reason I was skeptical upon my brother's newfound love. See, I had thought if God's love is "never failing", then we don't need human love. But at the same time, "it is not good for man to be alone" and that's why God made Eve for Adam. I obviously need to look into it with the Lord. Maybe if I had what my brother had, I'd understand the meaning a little more in both circumstances (God's love and human love). I don't know. = / *confused*

No comments: