Tuesday, January 22, 2002

"in your shadow is where I'll hide when you pull me closer to your side"

I couldn't help but cry last night.

I couldn't help but let my tears fall freely. God is soooo good to me. He forever loves me. He forever takes care of me. He forever has me.

The recurrent thought that God loves me unconditionally often flees from my mind. There are periods of my life where depression would seep in, taking control of my mind and my heart. Yet, oh yes, and yet, i'm able to hide in God's shadow and be safe, loved, and comforted. The image of a child being bullied by a teenager. Being attacked constantly with hurtful words and pounding fists. Helpless, lost, and most of all, feeling worthless to the extremities. But. But a large man, a larger than life, sized man comes in and with just his presence, the teenager suddenly is attacked with fear, and the child dashes behind the man's two legs. Not knowing what to do, the teenager runs off in a panic. The large man caresses the dear child and constantly says, "i love you. Never will i leave nor forsake you. Grace, I've accepted you. I delight in you. You are the apple of my eye."

Just when life seems so hard to live. Just when you think your sins could never be acceptable. Just when you think you are worthless. Just when all seems to be hell. Just when your heart and body and soul is in pain...God is right there with you, you just gotta open your heart and mind to Him. Comfort, peace, love, and joy comes in the presence of the Lord.

I couldn't help but cry last night.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom shall i fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall i be afraid?"
Psalm 27:1

No comments: