Wednesday, January 16, 2002

"So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind." Ecclesiastes 2:17

I got my PSAT results today. I never really cared about school. Frankly, in the past, I could have cared less about my grades and test scores. Then why is getting back a test that doesn't even count bothering me so much? Partly, I want to get a good education, go to a good college, get a stable job, and live "happily ever after". On the other hand, I want to live for God, everything that I do on this earth; "all of it is meaningless", and my judgment is not determined by my material wealth.

School affects my emotional being too much. One of these days, I'm going to have a nervous break down because of all the stress that exists from me thinking too much. Ever since I went into the honors program, things have never been the same. Just listening to the honors students hurts me. They are so consumed with getting good grades and getting academic excellence that they fail to know what they are saying. They seem like robots to me. Going on the routine of getting straight A's. All going after the same thing: success.

No comments: