Thursday, January 10, 2002

I try to focus in on Jesus while I'm at school. I realize that only true joy is presented when I think and focus on the Glory of God and not on the glory of me. I came to this conclusion a long time ago, but there were many times when I'd fall back into the place of complacency and return into the normal routine as if I was a pagan. In English class, we have discussions every so often. One of the topics today: Agree or Disagree, Everyone is basically good. Well, see I believe we are all sinners and, unfortunately, we're all doomed for hell. However, there is the good news. Jesus DIED UPON THE CROSS and ROSE FROM THE DEAD for our sins. I knew my teacher would call on me so I had to really ponder about this. I wanted to present my beliefs, but not start talking about my faith because I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on (well you get the point) and find myself being attacked by a bunch of hurtful words from other students. Here was what I said:

I Disagree. I have a theory that all humans were born somewhat bad. As they grow, they could go either two ways: good or bad. The result depends upon how society receives this individual and the circumstances that he/she are surrounded in.

Well, the good is Jesus, the bad is the world. The circumstances are whether or not they are presented with the gospel or not. And, unfortunately, not all humans are presented with the gospel. I think people thought I was weird. You might think I am weird to think we're born bad, but who cares. All that matters is what God thinks of me.

I miss my brother. There were times when he'd bully me around when I was a child, but I'd never thought much of it. I'd stand there looking confused and dazed due to the fact that I don't know what I did wrong to make him so upset. Now fast forward to the beginning of the year of 2002, I realize I'm doing the same thing my older brother once did to me. I often, sadly enough, misunderstand my younger brother, and I fail to comprehend how he thinks as a 13 year old. I mean, I was 13 only 4 years ago, why is it so hard to communicate with him? I try to, in a way, relate to him the best way that I can, but it usually ends up in more bitterness and resentment. I really want my relationship with my younger and older brother to be the most unique of its kind. Otherwise, I don't know what I'd do without them.

No comments: