Sunday, June 15, 2003

Yes, yes. Another movie review. A short one, I hope. I just finishing watching two movies with the family, Road to Perdition and Maid in Manhattan.

I wanted to watch something with some sort of depth. I haven't thought for a while, haven't been usin' the noggin' to its great use. Road to Perdition is not a bad choice. The Usual Suspects, now, that's a movie you gotta think about. Road to Perdition is based upon a Irish Mafia and how one event turns the life of one mobster, the enforcer. It was written during the depression as a "graphic novel" or basically, a comic book. Yeah, I didn't know it was a comic book and so was Men in Black as well as From Hell and Ghost World. Who knew?

Anyway, Tom Hanks is truly good at his craft. Whether being mentally handicapped or delightfully charming or ruggedly demanding, he always makes you believe that he was somehow made for that one movie character. He did a great work at being a tragic hero. Jude Law. I was telling Michael that he's a hottie. "Jude Law is a hottie", I told him. As the movie started, he kept asking who was Jude Law as to confirm my taste in men. When he finally shows up as the psychotic photographer of dead bodies with his head balding, he's like, "so that's your hottie. Man, grace, you don't have much of a taste, do you?"

*sigh*

Jude Law is typically known for his roles as a charming chap, getting the women. Not for this movie. He's the creepy, eerie killer. I was totally freaked. I mean literally freaked whenever he was on scene. He was so scary. He did a good job at being the villian, definitely. *shudder*

I don't have much to say about the other actors. I just liked the entire movie. The music was fantastic. You know how they play music to heighten the scene just a little bit more. Yeah, they did a lot of that in this movie. It fit very well in the context of the movie, dark and grim. I just liked it. My friend, Matthew had told me about it a year ago today. He said it was an awesome movie. I just never took his word for it until now. The movie was great. I feel satisfied. Go see it today!

Maid in Manhattan. Well, it's aokay. ANother popcorn movie. Nice and sweet, with a happy ending. J-Lo, i think, is best at being a dancer. She's an okay actress and uhh slightly lacking singer, but she sho can move her booty. I don't think it's really worth the 5 bucks to rent it. Maybe when it's on tv.

Boy oh boy, Father's Day. My daddy opened his gift already because I was so eager to see what it was. hehe. It's a DVD and VHS player! He kids around with us sooo much that I don't know if he really appreciates it. But i think he does. =)

No comments: