Saturday, June 21, 2003

Hey! Movie Review by Grace!

The Hulk - directed by Ang Lee (who directed Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon --but you probably already know that)
Two things...er Three things I noticed about this movie. One, It was tremendously looonng. I understand that a good movie needs substance and background information to pull the plot together. But it was ridiculously long for a comic movie. I liked the scientific part of it. It didn't make much sense. But i liked it nonetheless. It made it more intriguing. Like somehow, it was possible for mankind to do that. With a mad scientist father who's wife conceived a monster after he experimented on HIMSELF. I dunno. Maybe it's possible, but probably not. Maybe, in Grace World. But anyway, Second, I noticed there's some emotional baggage throughout the whole movie. This guy seems to get so worked up because his father did something to him. But I also liked the fact that whenever he was with Betty (Jennifer Connelly) he became all sweet and gentle. awwwwwww. =) Yeah, there's some depth in this movie that I didn't really expect. Third, THE EFFECTS. I was like HOW DID THEY DO THAT?!? THAT IS AMAZING!! I loved the action sequences. He was mad and going at it! Those were my favorite parts. argg...it was just too damn long. I hated that. Cut it shorter. A long movie doesnt' make a good movie. Overall, I would see it, but i would have rather rented it. Or watched it at the dollar theatre.

Alex & Emma - directed by Rob Reiner (who also directed When Harry met Sally --which is one of my favorites)
Okay. So this movie was cute. I guess I kept comparing it to "When Harry met Sally" a little too much. Kate Hudson is sooo cute. I kept trying to see her facial expressions and compare 'em to Goldie Hawn. She is so adorable and pretty good at being adorable without being too dorky at it. Luke Wilson is "dreamy". ahh. He's got a nice bod, with nice eyes, and a nose that looks a lot better than his brother, Owen's. =) isn't he in like 3 movies that are coming out soon...er around the same time. let's see this, Charlie's Angels, and Legally Blond. Yeah, the romantic comedy genre hasn't had a lasting effect. They just don't make them like they use to. I can't help it, but I don't think Luke Wilson is that great of an actor. He is "dreamy", ahh. But not a good actor. Like I couldn't believe that he liked Emma. ANd that's what actors are suppose to do, fake sincerity so that it becomes a reality to the audience for the length of the movie. The plot was kinda off. But nonetheless, cute. It kinda reminded me of Simply Irresistible. That movie stunk, but it was cute. Cooking food to seduce a man. Very original. But anyway, i wouldn't go see it in the theater. maybe when it comes on cable tv. Then I'll watch it.

Okie dokily. Now for music. Ahh. Music. yay! my favorite subject. This past week, Vh1 hosted the 100 greatest songs in the last 25 years. Here's a list of some of my favorites:

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
When Doves Cry - Prince
You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette
Waterfalls - TLC*
Don't Speak - No Doubt*
Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
Under the Bridge - The Red Hot Chili Peppers*
Heart of Glass - Blondie
Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton*
Loser - Beck
My Sharona - The Knack*
I wanna be sedated - Ramones
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Greenday*
Hungry like the Wolf - Duran Duran
Losing my Religion - REM

* - extra special to Grace's heart =)

No comments: