Thursday, June 12, 2003

blogger basic...hmm...interesting.

Anyway, so yeah, I'm super excited! I found out which dorm i'm living in! As well as who will be my roommate! AHHH! how exciting. North Russell, i think, was my second choice. But it don't really matter where I live. I'm pretty flexible with how i live and i compromise when need be. Only one condition, that she doesn't smell.

Okie dokily, one year ago...yesterday, I went to Garden Valley for Global Expeditions to endeavor into the heart of China, Hong Kong. I did have a wonderful time. I met new people. Experienced God in a new light. And instilled something powerful that will never be taken away from me. Welp, some of the kids that went to China last year, is going to Thailand this year with the same ministry. Man, I am so excited for them. Thailand. For two WHOLE months! That's really exciting. Now that I think about it, the entire process of mission trips is just wild. I love it. They're doing church planting which consists of building relationships and spiritual discipleship. It certainly is amazing.

ooh, on another note, my friend is going to japan for a month or two? Yeah, that's super duper. I love that these caucasians are just going out there for God and to throw a mass load of love on the natives. Anyway, I'm so jealous of him. He gets to live with a missionary familly and just minister with them. AND get this, he gets to go climb Mount Fuji!! Danng. I so want to be him.

AND, my friend, Alicia, is going to Papua New Guinea with Wycliffe ministries. I met her through school and i've only known her for a year or so. She's so great. She is the one who started the fellowship at Clements. And she intends on being a long term missionary. Oh man oh man, I am absolutely amazed and so happy for her. Though, I know I won't ever see her again, I'll pray for her always.

These kids, teenagers, are going out there and risking pride and self gratification to glorify God. I admire them so much. And love them always.

No comments: