Sunday, June 22, 2003

Eric Bana! Man, i did not know he was the guy in Black Hawk Down. I remember wanting to know who he was. Now I know! He's also the guy who voices Anchor, the hammerhead of Finding Nemo! hehe. I have a thing for Australian guys. Anyway, unto the review that has nothing to....uh wait! yes, it does have to do with my movie review. In the Hulk, Eric Bana's Character, Bruce Banner has to go head to head with Glenn Talbot, played by Joshua Lucas. Joshua Lucas is widely known as the redneck in Sweet Home Alabama. So that's it. There's the connection. On to the review!

Sweet Home Alabama - directed by Andy Tennant (who also directed Ever After --ANother one of my favorites)
Another romantic comedy. yes, I wanted to rent Snatch. But it's rated R. I've seen rated R movies. But somehow, I had a bad feeling. Because I once made a promise to myself to not watch rated R movies for specific reasons so... Yeah, maybe when it comes out on television with all the content edited. hah. But i digress. So it's a hick story about a woman who finds herself torn between two men. Boy, what a tough choice. Two fine looking men, chasing after the same woman. One of which is already married to her. I liked the idea of her having to pick between the two guys. It shows the two different worlds she has come to understand. The place where she grew up knowing so well. And the place where all her dreams came true. *shrugs* Very good movie.

At first, I didn't want to watch it for moralistic reasons. Like how she left her husband in Alabama and deceiving everyone she knew. But her excuse was the fact that Alabama had brought a lot of bad memories and she wanted to escape the reality of her roots. I can understand that. So yeah, I didn't have any expectations and ended up liking it. So yeah, It's worth it.

No comments: