Wednesday, September 18, 2002

I went to the Bebo Norman Concert with Dave Crowder Band featuring Sarah Sadler. Bebo Norman reminds me of both Shane Barnard and Fernando Ortega. Half Shane for the guitar and hip strums and chords he plays, and Fernando for his deep, soothing voice, and powerful lyrics. Well, Dave Crowder Band are always awesome, cause they the life of the partay. Sarah Sadler is a newbie. She sings really really really high. I don't think I could have hit half of the notes she sung. If I sang her songs, I would sound like a constipated chipmunk.

Going to these concerts is cool. It's definitely a place of hang out. I remember my "nsync" days where I'd go crazy over them performing for 3 minutes on a daytime talk show. It was ridiculous. And at their concerts, I was a wild maniac...but the concerts i go to now aint about the performer or about me. It's nice where both the performer and audience meet at one place to sing about Jesus. It's a coo thang. It's like hangin out in the living room. Which reminds me of this one of many occasions where my friends and I would just sit around and talk. After awhile, the conversation dies. Then somebody suggests we start singing about God. And everybody joins in on giving glory to God. Yay!

Today was also the day of See You At The Pole. It's my second and last year to do it. I enjoyed it. Not a lot of consistent prayer went on since the people were spread apart that people couldn't hear each other, but when there was a long break of silence, someone would just start singing and everybody would join along. That went on for like 25 minutes. Then the first bell rang, meaning, we had 10 minutes to get to class and this teacher came out and told us to get to class. Well, a bunch of us didn't want to go just yet. So we formed our own little circle of about 10 to 15 and sang a song and had a closing prayer. It was a good time and I was late to class. woot woot.

No comments: