Friday, June 03, 2005

women are vicious.

i spent the first half of my day watching television. I can't do this anymore, man. I've been losing brain cells ever since i got back from baylor. But anyways, so i spent the first part of my day watching "the next american top model". I just could not tear myself away from the tv. There was an episode where each contestant had to pose nude for the camera. One of the girls that was from tennessee just refused to take off her clothes because she thought she would have been defiling or degrading her body because her body is "holy and sacred". However, according to the make-up artist, at a previous photo shoot, Robyn, the so-called holy diva, had been jiggling her assets to him. Now, Tyra called her out and lectured her about talking about Jesus, keeping a pure mind and heart, and keeping her body sacred just to turn around and think only for her own benefit, criticizing others, or simply being a hypocrite...

...That's why we get bashed so much.

I have to confess, it's hard to live a pure and holy life. It's hard to think of others more highly than yourself. i know that God didn't say it was easy. But how does the church reach out to the community when there are people out there misrepresenting Jesus? People go overseas. And that's great. Spread the gospel in the motherland. But what about in the states? I think America needs some revival. I need some revival.

Another thing i noticed lately is that life is simply about choice. You choose to take drugs or not. You choose to go to college or not. You choose which college to go to. You choose your major. You choose the blue or red pill.

You choose to believe in Christ. You choose to go to church. You choose to love. You choose to make an impact in someone's life.

the reason why i feel stagnant? is because i choose to be lazy. lol. simply put. Man, i need to get my life into gear.

[by the way, i think the title is irrelevant]

1 comment:

Alexander said...

I can relate to the choosing thing, and to the stagnant-ness, and to the changes of being home from school. It's so much easier to choose to be mostly abandoned to Him than fully abandoned.