Wednesday, October 01, 2003

There are two factors in keeping me awake during Chapel:
1. there is a very good speaker.
2. very loud music.

I will further elaborate on number 2. I ADORE music~! possibly beyond idolatry. But forgive me. I just can't help it. I love soft music, but i love loud, head pounding music even more. Music that you can sway to, music you can get buck-wild to. Music to sooth you to sleep, music to wake the daylights out of you. So yeah, I've been having hourly naps in Chapel for the last couple of weeks. Those naps were good. But today~! yay! music, funk music today. I love it! i love it, i love it!

Salvador came to Chapel today. i'm still so excited about it! I love latin based music. I really do. I think i'm going to get their cd one of these days and jam' on it. I was in Cozumel over the summer. While I was on the beach, they were blasting Salsa music and it was soo fun! i was having a ball just hangin on the beach and getting my groove on. hehe. fo realz. Oh, so fuuuunnnny and cute. That bass player was like having his own little party for Jesus while playing the bass. He was soo cute. He was dancing and shaking his bon bon like no other.

Yesterday! we went to Hillsong! woot woot! i had a lot of fun. it was buck-wild for Jesus. The theme was Hope. I dunno, I enjoyed it for the most part. But there's something wrong, i think.

I use to be so drenched in the power of God when reallly engaging into worship. And, i've lost vision of what worship reallly is, you know? I really wanna rediscover God like discovering him for the first time. But, on a more superficial level, I loved the music. I love Hillsong a lot. At the end, they had a medley of all their songs, and i was having a great time singing the songs that i actually knew. For some reason, singing songs that have history behind them causes me to engage into God just a wee bit more. Like somehow, knowing the words to a song allows you to recognize who God is. Is that true? Does it help worship be more meaningful? I always thought if i just read the words of a song I didn't know, worship will be the same as if it was a song that i've known from birth. I dunno. Now i'm just babbling. I have that tendency.

Coming to college has made me realize that i really do like to talk. Just not with big groups. I like to babble with people, one on one. super weird. okie dokie...i had more to say...but i'll probably say it later.

the end.

No comments: