Sunday, October 19, 2003

greetings.

Aiyah. I'm tired. This weekend was full of events. I've never done so much within a three day span. I spent the whole weekend with the upperclassmen.

Thursday - Day with Apphia: movie partay at Jessie's (not really a party =P)
Friday - Hillsboro Outlets, Walmart, and Spaghetti dinner with Apphia, Alex, and Jessie
Saturday - AUSTIN!: Firebowl, Drag, and JASON MRAZ

Saturday was totally the highlight. I got to see everybody agaiN! We met up at Firebowl. I know I didn't get to talk to them as much as I wanted to, but i was too busy chowing down on my bowl of food...mm yum. Yeah, soo good too seee theem.

I MISS YOU GUYS SO FREAKING MUCH!!

Oh and we also picked up Cherry from Jester! I thought I'd never see her again after that first week October, and yet, we meet again. It was fun walking down the drag. Even though the only thing i bought was UT shorts, i'm so a betrayer (is that even a word?) There was this tattoo and piercing shop on the drag. I was soo tempted to go in and get my eyebrow or cartilage pierced. =) but indeed, i will someday.

Dropped Cherry off at 5:30, and we were on our way to accomplish our main mission, to go to Jason Mraz/Johnny Lang concert. Somehow, we managed to pass our destination 3 times because we couldn't see it. But that's okay. The concert made up for it. We got into the mosh pit and waited maybe an hour and a half til the concert was underway. Jason Mraz was sooooo gooood. He convinced me to buy his cd, that's how good he was. I was scared that I wouldn't like him, oh but i doooo. 3 weeks ago, if you asked me who was Jason Mraz, I'd shrug and say "who cares?"...but now? oh boy, i may become a fanatic again. Somehow, he has a way of swooning women over. Maybe, it's his voice. Maybe, it's his talent. But boy oh boy, it's definitely for his booty dance. =)

I also found out what weed smells like. After Jason Mraz (sigh) was finished, there was an "intermission" as all the teenage girls left and the bong smoking crowd packed themselves in the crowd. So they were smoking as if it was like drinking water. When I looked up, I saw a cloud of smoke, not coming from the smoke machine on stage, but from the people around me. I looked over to Jessie and gave her the what-in-the-world-is-that-smell look...but i knew the answer already. It was quite hysterical. it's a "you should have been there" event.

Johnny Lang. I remember, that he was on the Disney Channel a few years back. Disney Channel had sponsored new hip, up and coming talents at Disney World. Which is ironic because yesterday night, he was playing at an arena full of people that were high or drunk. =? ::speechless::

We were talking on the way home that it was a good thing for us to get out of waco once in a while. It's nice to step out of the Baylor bubble and realize that things aren't always censored. And you're never sheltered from the things of the world.

No comments: