Thursday, July 25, 2002

I never understood what it means to be loved. During this summer, I told them that there's a man that loves you more than you can possibly imagine. A man that would swim the ocean for you, a man who would climb a mountain for you, a man who would die upon a cross for you. I didn't really know I was saying these things. It was the Spirit of God moving in me to move others. It was all God. But who knew that it would come back to me... Grace, there's someone so divine that loves you more than you can possibly imagine. and that's God! He loves you with the fullest of his heart that he sent his son for you. That you wouldn't die, but live! Living victoriously! It's still horribly hard for me to understand my Father's love for me.

I grew up not knowing much about love. I'd say "I love you" to my dad and my mom, but it didn't mean much to me. I wonder, will it ever? I told my brothers and sisters on the trip that i didn't really understand their family situations. A lot of them come from broken families, abusive fathers, or single parent. I never had to go through that. My parents are still together, and all of us are still intact. But whatever kind of dysfunctional family we came from, my team had one thing in common. We all needed Jesus so much. They said that during those times that it seemed the world would end, God really revealed to them as a "Loving Father".

I desire so much to be intimate with the Creator. I wish so much to know His Heart. I may never understand the fullest of his love, but I can try.

No comments: