Monday, July 22, 2002

"I look into the hearts of these people and my heart saddens. They want something more. They hope and they yearn that we, Americans, have something for them. They ask us the questions. They tell us about China. They ask more questions. We answered to the best of our abilities. But really, all we had to offer is the best relationship that they'll ever get. The relationship that is so intimate, so romantic, and so divine. A father/son-like relationship, but so much more personal, more involved."

I poured my heart out so many times that my heart seems completely quenched now. All that matters is that people were saved, seeds were planted, and lost souls were able to see God in us. The greatest compliment I received on the entire trip happened on the third day that we were in China. I was translating on behalf of the Chinese students for my team. We started talking about the political events that is occuring in Taiwan. At first, I was really thrown off because I didn't know how to translate that!! But graciously, God gave them understanding even with my indecent Chinese. The discussion had then jilted into a stream of spirituality talk. We asked them what they learned from us. One girl had said that just being around us was so much fun and she had more understanding of her beliefs as a Christian. Another girl agreed and said we had so much love and joy to offer that it almost seemed as if Jesus lived inside of us. Oh, how my heart felt I cannot describe. They see Jesus in us. What a wonderful comment. That was my kodak moment.

No comments: