Friday, July 19, 2002

"busyness substitutes for meaning, efficiency substitutes for creativity, and functional relationships substitute for love"
John Eldredge

Ain't that the truth. I often find that our world has become so good at concealing the matters of the heart for just satisfactory lives or superficial masks to ignore what's really beneath.

Life at home has not been the same since I got back to Houston. I learned a lot about myself this past month and I don't want to lose the revelation that God has really put on my heart. I find myself struggling with that same complacency that I had before this summer began. There was one session during the trip that really made me think. What do you need more of? Reason? or Passion? I realize that there needs to be a balance between the two. Too much reason makes the mind wander into the state of idleness. Too much passion is blatantly uncontrollable. I think it's the latter for me. *shrugs* Don't know how that's going to work out, but Praise God.

No comments: