Thursday, March 08, 2018

Sweet and naive

I went on a date last week with a nice fellow. There were moments where his face reminded me of Michael Fassbender. He was smaller in stature than I had expected. We had a nice, pleasant conversation. I didn't feel a spark between us...from him or myself. By the end, he excused himself for needing rest, and I was shocked that he didn't walk me to my car. But, he did pay for dinner! He sent me a message later on saying he had enjoyed himself and the message included his number and that I could text him if i wanted to...

It was indifference. Like "Hey you're cool but not cool enough for me to ask for your number and pursue you."  Or, he had met with me and I was either not as attractive (physically, personality, intellectually) as he had thought or he realized he wasn't ready for the whole dating scene since his divorce which I assume was recent.

I talked with Mom yesterday. I told her about the date and expressed that I didn't feel any "電" which is odd because it's the first time I hadn't felt a connection with a date. With the men that I've met over the last year, there has always been some sort of "spark". I wondered if it's a sign that I've gotten a change of heart or something that I haven't put my finger on just yet.

Mom said something nice in response. She said that I just need to remember to "be me" with these men. She said that I'm a sweet girl and the men I've dated probably noticed this quality about me early on. So, they were unable to commit to someone like me and instinctively ended things before getting too involved in fear of something serious or fear of getting hurt... or possibly hurting a sweet girl like me.

No comments: