Friday, February 02, 2018

The Eagle Scout

He swiped right for me. We met for wine. He was unexpectedly attractive and attracted. We had so many wonderful moments. Improv Comedy Night with a side of Jack. Skating in Discovery Green. Cruising around enjoying the Lights. Birthday steak and wine for a night in. Home decor shopping in Goodwill.

Everything seemed perfect and smooth. Up until one moment. Then, a whirlwind of fears. A change of heart. Commitment phobia. Emotional unavailability. Silence. Rejection rears its terrible head in my corner.

I tell myself each time that I'll learn from my mistakes. I'll do better next time. I remind myself this isn't my first time to deal with this bitch named Heartbreak.

I can't control others' feelings towards me.

I have to let go of the anguish/despair of having someone...not love me back.

If he had wanted to, he'd make the time for me as he once did.

I'm dealing with the sames issues as before...what a horrendous cycle.

No comments: