Friday, July 06, 2012

massage envy

Today, I went to get a full body massage and a facial with my aunt. I've always been wary of people touching me -- I even flinch when friends try to hug me. But I'm always up for a new experience and I heard Taiwanese massage spas are the best. The spa is a short walk from Ming Yao heading south and was a quaint little place that reminds me of a Japanese cottage in the woods or something. I stripped down and took a quick rinse. My masseuse looked like she was in her early 20s. She told me to lay face down. She started with my legs and told me to tell her what level of pressure was comfortable for me. To be honest, she was so strong and everything she did hurt, but I didn't say anything. I could feel myself tense up each time she massaged against my muscles. Once she was done with my legs, she started working on my back. It was quiet up until the time she started on my arms. She saw my tattoo and excitedly started to ask me questions about if it hurt and how she wouldn't do it herself. I'm glad she broke the ice because that's when I started to loosen up. We exchanged questions about life here, our families, and boys :p Then it was time for my front side. By then, I was much more relaxed. The body massage was for an hour and then the following hour was the facial. I liked the facial very much. Once she was finished, I got up and had trouble walking straight -- my calves were killing me. lol. It was an overall enjoyable experience. My aunt already scheduled me for another  one next Friday.

She bought a 100-session deal for 4,000NT, 400NT per 2-hour session is like 15USD. It's an amazing deal. I think a regular session is about 800NT which is still cheaper than it is in the states. And I assume the quality is much better too...oh I'm sore.

4 comments:

Invictus Diligo said...

Whoa, so cheap! Maybe we'll all move back to Taiwan! :)

expr3ss said...

I agree!

Invictus Diligo said...

But don't you want to come back here? :)

expr3ss said...

Of course, I want to go back! I think this period of time is the best time to visit me here in Taipei since I'm already here...