Wednesday, August 31, 2005

When you first meet someone you want to impress or befriend, say, a member of the opposite sex, often times you accommodate to them, fulfilling what you think they want in a "dateable" person. Or you finally find a friend that you can trust and have intelligent conversations about God or politics. You mold yourself into the image of a friend or a potential significant other. My question is how thin is the line between compromising who you are for another and changing to be a better, quality person?

I'll be frank. After many hundred hours of frustration, headaches, tears, pain, depression, and utter disappoint, I realize one thing...I ultimately and thoroughly am lost. I don't know what or who to care for. It seems like i've been sucked into a tornado, twisting and turning with debris flying all around me. It seems i haven't grabbed hold of life and in some strange way, life has grabbed a hold of me and won't let me free. I really do hope I find God in the midst of all this trouble in me.

On a lighter note, I went to the gym and had a lot of fun.

No comments: