Saturday, January 01, 2005

New beginnings.

Good Morning ladies and gentlemen.

Tis a new year. I already have things to share. I spent tonight with my family. First i went to dinner at my Aunt's place. Huong's family came over as well. I didn't eat much because of a delicious feast of hotpot early this afternoon. Afterwards, the kids plus my mom went to daniel's room to watch the 10 best episodes of friends. After we found huong's mom (a whole other story), me and my parents left for home. On the ride home, i realized i spoke exactly two words at dinner. My uncle asked me if it was my second year at baylor, i said yes. My aunt asked me when i was going back to waco, i said seventh. I'm not in a talkative mood to say the least.

We came back. My dad plopped himself in front of chinese cable. My mom and i plopped in front of Kate & Leopold on TNT. I need a gentleman.

I make new year resolutions each year. Recently, i've started a pattern for at least one of my resolutions. I boycott something. For the year 2003, i boycotted (or what i'd like to call "fasting" but that might be considered heresy) boba. Last year, i didn't buy or drink any starbucks...kinda. I broke it a week beforehand. But what did i expect? hehe

This year i want to whole heartedly promise myself and others to be a better person in keeping my resolutions.
Resolutions:
1. tell one of my secrets to at least one person.
2. a random act of kindness given to others as occasionally as possible.
3. live with integrity.
4. read the word, pray, and worship daily.
5. be less critical.
6. love unconditionally.
7. honor my parents.

These are very generalized. Yes, i know. I don't want to promise something that i don't intend to keep. God, help me with the things that i struggle with. Teach me in your ways of goodness. May this year bear fruit so that it may glorify you.

No comments: