Thursday, November 04, 2004

An unexpected awakening.

I didn't expect for God to poke me. I knew i was in for it when i had prayed for humility. Lately, i've been waking up, hoping to devote my day to God. It often feels like my prayers hit the ceiling and reverberates back down. Needless to say, i started getting desperate for God and continued to pray outrageous prayers, not expecting God to listen. Boy am i naive.

I am by no means saying that i have experienced some life-altering moment. Nor has my life flashed before my eyes. I have been reminded of God's goodness. I remember when i would wake up each morning excited about what God had to offer to me that day. I want to start doing that again. I am reminded of the goodness of the cross. I am reminded that i live for God alone and only He can provide the joy that i need day to day. But unless i give my all to him, i won't be able to live the life worthy to be called a follower of Christ. So, if i had to summarize what i learned tonight, i'd say i want to surrender all i have to live for the glory of Christ.

I surrender all
I surrender all
All to Thee my blessed Savior
I surrender all

No comments: