Monday, August 25, 2003

Greetings.

At this very moment, I'm at the library getting my healthy dose of internet usage. I have been deprived of AIM for perhaps 3 days! I miss it so. And I won't get my laptop until 5 FREAKING days! That's far too many days. I was really apprehensive about letting go of my laptop because, in all honesty, I don't trust anyone with my laptop now. Maybe I just need to keep faith that God will fix my computer. Maybe I'm not suppose to use it because I've grown so attached it. Yeah, maybe...

Okay, so today was my first day of class. Everything is going along pretty well. Met some great girls in my hall and had some great talks with my roommate, Christina. I just miss everybody back home. I think I'm already homesick and just haven't cried yet because it hasn't settled in. I live a very personal and private life. Sharing a room with someone else is definitely different for me. I have to open to simple things like when she uses the mirror to put on her make-up. How she stays up using the computer while I'm sleeping.

I just came out of Chapel. It was quite a different experience for me. How can we all pray together when we don't believe in the same God? And, unfortunately for Atheists, it is a required class to take. The grade is merely dependent on your attendance of Chapel. *shrugs* I hope Chapel is more interesting than it was today.

I noticed that everywhere I go, people have dell computers. Dell is everywhere here. In the dorm rooms, library, computer labs. I wonder if I should have invested my money on a dell notebook...hrm. Wait! I'm not suppose to think about notebooks. It's making me frustrated beyond all earth.

I'm excited about tomorrow though. There's this club or ministry called Asians For Christ (which reminds me of Students For Christ at Clements). So I'm going there to check it out. Meet some brothers and sisters my same color. It's funny, whenever I run into asians, I would flash a smile and say "Hi" as if I know them or something. Because at Baylor, it's a rare occasion to run into a oriental. So I'm glad to see them when I can. Don't get me wrong, I love white people, or to be politically correct, Caucasians. But we asians have some kind of connection. We share some kind of history, or whatever. hah.

MAN, I left my favorite pair of pants at home!! arg. There goes my idea of efficient packing. I also left a great deal of stuff that I need here. Oh well.

Well, I am signing off cause these dell keyboards suck. hah. Nevermind, I wouldn't want to buy a dell.

Call me. I'm probably bored.

No comments: