Sunday, August 04, 2002

wow, it sure is late for Grace to be up. I haven't been tranparent on this blog have I? I'm trying the best to blog...but not. To convey my thought patterns, but at the same time, "edit" until my entry is "perfect", leaving the rawness out. Okay. So I'll be frank. Being in the state of idleness literally drives me insane. I hate being at a "plateau" of spiritual consciousness. I like talking about God and what He does in people's lives. I'm more interested in God and His enormity, though. I love magnifying His name to the point where I no longer exist. My state of human flesh is stripped away when I totally consume my thoughts with the sweet voice of God. I just realized it. It's like an epiphany. When worship is raw, I know God is stripping my heart of my pride, selfishness, lust, idolatry, and greed because I focus on Him and Him alone. I once heard that worship was defined as "acknowledging God". Haven't had raw worship in awhile...

Psalm 46:10 "Cease striving and Know that I am God."

JUST SIT STILL. God speaks to us ever so gently. If we would shut out the things of the world, we might actually hear it audibly. Urg...blah...I'm at that point where I don't really care about much. The world has nothing to offer. God has soo much more blessings when we walk in obedience and righteousness.

I'm starting to play my guitar again. I love it. I love my guitar. It really releases a lot of tension built up inside of me. Finger-picking can be theraputic. *thumbs up*

Ministry. We're constantly in ministry. When we're talking to somebody or anybody, we demonstrate ourselves to them as a body of Christ, even when we don't even know it. The Spirit inside us just works His power through us in the midst of any circumstance as long as we allow Him to. I learned not to quench the Spirit. The fruits of the Spirit are so much more valuable to me than anything I can possibly imagine.

God.net by James Langteaux

No comments: