Wednesday, August 07, 2002

doot doot doot...baby shark...doot doot doot...baby shark...

"Haven't had raw worship in awhile... "

Funny how God somehow orchestrates everything out.

I went to St. Agnus Church Sunday night for Crown Together Jesus. I had prayed earlier on over the entire service. Just for God to show up, and slap us around a bit and amazingly, He was faithful. I had an awesome time of worship that night. ahhh...it was music to my ears. I guess God listens... hehe
------------------------------------------------------------
June 22, 2002
Hong Kong

Today, we went to a park in Tai Wai. We arrived at the park around 12 or 1 and therefore, we busted out the PBJ. I've gotten used to this routine that Teen Mania does. Get to ministry site, eat PBJ, and then minister our guts out. Afterwards, we went to the area that we were to perform Ragman. My group decided to sit. As we sat, we just prayed for God to send someone to sit down on the bench that was to our right. First came a man and his daughter, but when Erica started to talk to his little girl, the man seemed irritated of her and left and dragged the daughter off. Then came an elderly man. He sat only after 30 seconds that the man had left so we knew God had heard our prayers. And so since I sat closest to the man, I striked up conversation with him. After awhile, Erica saw that I was running out of things to talk about and so, joined in voluntarily. How awesome she is. Anyway, we talked for what seemed like such a long time since this man loved to talk and seemed very lonely. We told him to stay longer so that he could see our drama.

Minutes before we were to start our drama, I was told to translate as well as introduce. When I got off the mic, I realized I made so many mistakes that I couldn't count them. But I took captive of my thoughts and Praised God because He is worthy to be praised. When it was time for Ragman, it started to rain. At the same time, the music hadn't come on like it was suppose to. I looked around and everyone on the team looked stressed and in despair. I heard Dugan starting to tell everyone to "pray hard, don't let the Devil get any leeway on us". We started to pray like crazy. Just hoping for God show his favor upon his children. As we prayed, Nate had eventually got the soundbox going. And then Ragman was on the way. It was awesome. Praise God for how it turned out. Majority of our audience had stayed, despite the rain and was able to see the drama. =) After all was done, I went over to the elderly man. I started to talk to him and started asking him what he had thought of the drama. He understood it. He had been exposed to Christianity before. Yet, he thought he was too old to believe. Right then, God put into my heart to share about my grandfather to this elderly man. My grandfather was diagnosed with cancer about 2 years ago. He was a nonbeliever up until a few months before he died. I told this man, that though I didn't know my grandfather very well, I KNOW that I'll see him in heaven if I died right now. I also told him that talking to him was like talking to my grandfather. I don't know what he felt about what I said. All I know is that I shared with him all that I knew and all that God wanted me to share.

We had free time tonight so the night was ours and we could do anything that we wanted. Larissa, Dugan, Zack, Jill, and I decided to chill at the nearby park outside of the Bible college. I had told Larissa that I had a lot of negative anxiety in my heart about where the team was going. We shared about what went wrong in Tai Wai and each one of our concerns about ministry. We realized that our team didn't have a type of unity that needed to be there in order to witness effectively. As the discussion went on, we shared our testimonies of what God did in us. It was really awesome just to talk and fellowship with them and just witness such transparency among both brothers and sisters.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I miss it so, the transparency. There's no walls or barriers. If something was stirring in our hearts to speak out, then we did...even I did! I guess that's what is so great about fellowship in the Spirit. The truth is all laid bare for everyone to see.

No comments: