Saturday, May 09, 2009

relationship talk

So, yah. In honor of Mother's Day, I'm going to talk about how amazing my mom is.

My mom is so amazing. She has carried the weight of our family on her shoulders for most of my life, and possibly since she first got married. And because of her love for our family, I now see how much love she has and I respond in kind. I wish to give her all the love that she deserves plus the love God gives through me...which is the best love ever.

My mom is a soldier. Because she has carried the weight, she has been through so much pain, neglect, despair, and disappointment day in and out. But God is completely restoring her soul and healing her where wounds have run deep.

Her love is astounding. Her love for even our dog runs so deep. She loves us so much that she's willing to lay down her selfish desires and simply live for the family.

Goodness, when I become a mom, I would be amazed if I were half the woman she is now. She is so strong and courageous. She is so meek and humble. She is fearfully and wonderfully made. She brought me into the world and have constantly looked out for my best interest. God has truly blessed me with a wonderful mother. There is no other like her. I couldn't have asked for a better blessing than the self-sacrificing love from a mom.

In other news, I'm constantly skeptical about relationships now. that's all. Will expand later, maybe.

No comments: