Sunday, April 06, 2008

Check one.

I got a job! I'm officially an employee at Golden Bank, N.A. My first week was pretty much a roller coaster. I've already had a few good days and some dreadful days. I'm already getting that Gah-I-have-to-work-but-I-go-anyway feeling.

I was talking to Ivan about growing up and getting a job. He mentioned that since I have a job, the next logical step is to get married. I hadn't even thought about marriage. Of course I've thought about relationships (practically all my life), but it never occurred to me that it's now. Marriage? Really? Well, of course, it depends on what you're doing and where you're at in life. But Really? But I'm not really interested in marriage just yet. Maybe a relationship though.

So now, I'm thinking about "what's next?" Where will God take me? Where will my friends and I stand in our relationships? How will my family adjust to our coming transitions? Do I focus more on my career or my family aspirations?

I guess all these questions will be answered in the future. For now, I'm going to look to God because no one else will do.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm really glad you found a job, Grace, and so relatively soon! Also, I think that feeling you mentioned settles in pretty quick, which sometimes seems to me like "Well, that's just normal -- that's how life is, don't worry" and other times like "Hm, that doesn't have to be normal and you should do something you enjoy more eventually".

Hopefully you found some answers for what you've been asking lately, at least some that get you through the present days with ease and happiness.

And random note: what's your favorite flower, and would you want it featured in your dream wedding?