Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Taking a little break never hurt anyone.

TWO FINALS TOMORROW...OR IN A COUPLE OF HOURS...

I realized that I am really far-sighted today. I also realized that I'm more like my dad than my mom.

I was studying for my finals. I rested my head on my arm while I studied. But for some reason, the words were blurry. So I lifted my head and I noticed that as I looked at my notes at a farther distance, the clearer I read the lines. Yeah, I'm slow. But at least, I am assured that my doctor's diagnosis was correct when I was a child. I was always skeptical if I really was far-sighted because usually, only old people are far-sighted...

I talked to mom today. I was really stressed out. And it was the first time I ever told her that I was stressed. I usually don't talk about school so that I don't worry my parents. Her immediate response was, "Only you can control that" not, "it's okay honey, everything will be all right." I always thought my mom was the emotional one. Guess that is just an assumption since she's a woman. But that's not necessarily true. Maybe that's why I've always thought my mom didn't understand. She's not your typical mom. Also, I thought submissive meant soft. But my mom is anything but soft. She has sacrificed and still is sacrificing a lot, but she definitely doesn't break down for no reason.

So, then I thought about my dad...he acts on his instincts a lot of the time. His temper is his sign of emotion. I look back at conflicts with my dad and I realize that he really is an emotional man. I got that emotional stuff from him.

No comments: