Thursday, August 10, 2006

Boy Meets World.

After finals, I decided to numb my brain as I usually do after tests. I watched Boy Meets World. It's the show that I grew up watching. How sad. The show I grew up watching. It's as if my adolescence was so long ago. Anyway, the episode was the one where Corey and Topanga decided to see other people. Corey saw Topanga kiss another guy (Shane West - yumm). He told Topanga how it hurt him to see her kiss another guy only two weeks after they broke up. She didn't know what to say. Corey suggested that they might as well not be friends anymore and stormed off.

I would be Corey in this case.

I think that's what I do. I shut people out once I've realized that they've hurt me. But isn't that normal? Doesn't that happen to everybody? I dunno. I've done it to a handful of people in my life, a few being family.

The episode also made me think about relationships. Is it really possible to be friends after you've gone out with someone and broke up with them after awhile?

Of course, by the end of the episode, they were friends again. But that didn't happen to me. My once friends, I no longer even keep in touch with. Maybe that's the difference between reality and television. Things don't always work out.

I broke down today. It feels liberating, but also saddens me.

No comments: