Friday, March 26, 2010

what's your flavor?

Learning to dance salsa has been such an enjoyable experience. Not only do I learn to dance, but I also enjoy the company of fellow novice dancers. Along with that, I meet several men (my age!) who are interested in expanding their horizons. It is so refreshing.

But a thought hit me today. I am attracted to men with Latin flavor. Being around the Hispanic men in class, I feel a rush of intrigue when they speak even a hint of Spanish. Then I remembered that my ex was from Ecuador, and how I thoroughly enjoyed that particular aspect of him--to be able to speak several languages with one being Spanish. As with any remembrance, nostalgia comes rushing in along with the associated feelings.

I suppose I wouldn't mind dating someone not Asian.

No comments: