Saturday, January 06, 2007

A change, if you will.

I've decided.

I'm going to be myself more.

This year. I've resolved to not care about what people think. I've decided that I'm going to be the person I choose to be, not someone everyone else expects me to be.

How much of my life do I live for God and how much of my life do I live for myself?

I was thinking that the other night. I'm finally at that point where I can be relatively content with who I am and where I'm at. But God doesn't want me that way, does He? He wants me to step out of my comfort zone, to be courageous and not settle for anything less than greatness. Sometimes, that means I need to be stripped down of my inequities and be humbled and broken-hearted.

Where is that line where I can be confident and proud in myself and yet be worthy of God's calling?

No comments: